Friday, December 7, 2007

The Dark Planet

video

This was created for one of my 3d animation classes. We had to create some particle effects and make a planet or asteroid explode. Then edit our short films for presentation during our final class.

I had a few issues with the project, but I managed to get it done in the end... sort of. My spaceship took longer than expected to create because of my crazy UV Mapping skills. I had a very nice texture for my planet but it didn't render. I guess some planets can also be left in the dark for various imaginable reasons. I also had some trouble with the effects during the project; but Iwas able to solve them with some help from my friend Susana Kilic and a few others.

One thing I have to track down is the music I used. I believe it is from the band Mars Volta.

No comments: