Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Fish Tank Stand



I have three fish tanks. 30 gallon, 10gallon and 2.5 gallon. The 30 gallon has been established for about 4 months now. The 2.5 gallon tank was set-up to house baby fry. Currently the 2.5 is home to 7 guppy fry and a female ghost shrimp with her eggs kept bellow her belly. I just set up the 10 gallon tank with onyx and fluorite and planted two leafy plants, I can' find my store receipt with the plant names. I was told by the aquarium lady that they were super hardy and would do well with poor lighting. Once the tank has been established I want to purchase some algae eating shrimp and add them to the tank.

The posted image is the overall design I will use for my tank stand. My beef with most stands is that they aren't mobile. I like to move things around so I NEED WHEELS on my stand. The stand also needs to be about 4 ft tall (excluding the wheel height) so that the tank is always about eye level. Once I am done with the specs... my friend will help me build the stands at his workshop.

No comments: